Harbor Country Open Community Meeting
September 24, 6:30 pm
New Buffalo Township Library
Assist local changemakers to identify needs and resources thatwill improve the quality of life for all residents in Harbor Country.
- What is your vision for strengthening this community?
- What are our major assets and most pressing needs?
- What projects should be kick-started locally to help all who reside in Harbor Country?
Harbor Country Literacy Workshops 2018-2019
The Pokagon Fund, in collaboration with Berrien RESA and The Education Trust-Midwest, will host 3 Literacy Workshops for River Valley School District and New Buffalo Area School Educators, Administrators and School Board Members during the 2018-19 school year at the New Buffalo Township Library.
"Leveraging Research and Best Practices for Literacy Improvement" is the title, and each workshop will focus on a different aspect of literacy. These workshops are only open to Harbor Country teachers, administrators and school board members.
1. LITERACY IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN - RSVP required Monday, September 17, 2018 4:15 pm doors open to 7:00 pm, NB Library (Dinner and Childcare included)
2. LITERACY AND LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS - RSVP required Monday, February 4, 2019 4:15 doors open to 7:00 pm (Dinner and Childcare included)
3. PLANNING FOR LITERACY IMPROVEMENT - RSVP required Monday, June 3, 2019 4:15 doors open to 7:00 pm (Dinner and Childcare included)